Wednesday, January 19, 2011
I really have nothing significant to write but my brother is tired of my slacking blog...I can respect that. That being said, I'm trying to step it up. This picture is just my big, proud feet. I love me some Converse!
I don't take picture perfect photos, I take photos. In the end, I hopefully learn what not to do next time.
I love the stories a picture can tell, without one single word. Photography is so awesome, it's ridiculous. I've been looking, somewhat consistently, for work as a photographer's assistant for about a year now. As an amateur, it's not easy to get into this line of work. The northwest market is over saturated with photographers and wanna be (like myself) photographers. I seriously can't believe how many are out there. Not to mention how many promote their cat on crack photography business on Craigslist. I guess anyone with a camera, or Photoshop, can claim to be a photographer. I find that offensive.
On that note, I don't claim to be a photographer but I'm a wannabe whose willing to put in my time, regardless of how long as it takes. Our family has an appreciation for photography and I love that! I credit that to our Dad, whose talent is not lost in translation but rather translating the lost, HA! Life happens and he hasn't been shooting as much as he used to. He is a humble and awesome photographer no matter how much he down plays his God given talent. Dad, you are an inspiration and I hope you make time to pick up your camera more than ever this year. It'd be awesome to go shoot some sunrises with you at some ungodly hour!
I've had 3 interviews with 2 potential employers. The first interview was with a sort of "high end" photographer from California and it felt like a huge success, even though I didn't get the job - it was a milestone. It gave me more confidence and drive. Nearly a year later, the second interview was with a smaller scale, newbie company. It was encouraging and the follow up interview was incredibly exciting. I could see the interview was going well and they were willing to train me & show me the ropes. I remember telling my husband, mom & sister that I felt like the job was mine if I wanted it. That night I was excited and surprised that I was offered the job, as a contracted photographer.... (in training, mind you). I spent the next 24 hours listing the pro's & con's of the job, praying and seeking advice from others. I was confident I would accept but I didn't want to rush it.
To make this long story come to an end- as much as I want to pursue this line of work, deep down I knew this wasn't going to be the right choice. I briefly thought I was crazy because I turned it down. Although disappointing, I'm glad I made that choice. I am spending more time learning and practicing, practicing, practicing. Lord willing, one day I will be able to earn a little income with my own photography business. I know I don't get too spiritual on this blog but I need to tonight. I LOVE that we serve such an AMAZING God! I love His creation and the fact that only HE could create heaven and earth. We are chosen, loved and personally invited to spend eternity with HIM, worshiping our creator.. WOW, that is simply humbling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You are a gifted photographer twin. Funny you should mention dad's talent, I was just showing the kids the picture dad took of the Space Needle at night and telling them about his photography and winning prizes at photo shows. So proud of him, Michael and Rachel asked to see more of his work, but I only had that one picture to share. :)
Cute, that's funny timing. Yeah, I'm gifted at a lot of things. Many, many, many, many, many, many, many things. Hmm, maybe we should get some prints from him! Hey, twin, can you see the black & grey stripes on my blog's background? I think I have to mess with my template in order to see the full background.
No, I can't see the stripes, just the flowery design.
First, you need to fix your camera. That picture looks like the sky is on fire! That could really freak some people out! Second, I am available for photo shoots...I do not do nudes however! Third, I often like to take pictures of my feet with other peoples cameras without their knowledge. It gives them a little surprise when they see their pics.
Perfect, let's book you a photo shoot... runway style. I'll get some mega industrial fans to make you fight the wind as you make your way down the runway. Also, the sky WAS on fire, the picture was taken from a Vegas hotel room. We were flown there for a surprise 80th birthday for Viny's Grandma. Yep, in Sin city... and they are right about that!!! The sunsets were gorgeous, my favorite was In & Out, I finally got to try it. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Post a Comment