Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Our life - in honest words:



Moved, had a baby, had a birthday, had an anniversary, had a revelation, washing machine broke down, slept for a couple hours, had daily doctor appointments for 7 weeks, changed my revelation, got a new washing machine, dishwasher broke, got a new dishwasher, home health care on weekends for wound care, slept a couple more hours, car broke down at Home Depot, named the baby, car got fixed at Home Depot, Samuel had a birthday, I fell in love with having 2 kids, Enzo grew out of 3 month clothing, Samuel grew out of size 1 shoes and size 7 pants.  Vinny and I are getting to know our pastor and his wife, outside of church.  Out of my comfort zone but getting real, getting humbled, honest, baring the inner sarcastic utter depths of the soul & appreciating the Godly direction, friendship and wisdom.  Our marriage is improving, love is getting easier - as in, we no longer have to consciously decide on a daily basis, to love one another - maybe just now & then, true story.  Life is getting harder, God is unchanging and amazing and I fall so short, yet His mercies and grace are new every morning... afternoon & even at night.  I can say that my love for Vinny grows more every day, I love him & am trying to learn how to appreciate or love him better.  I love our kids so ridiculously much!  I want desperately to be a Godly wife and mother, which doesn't come naturally for me.  It's the hardest, most challenging & life changing journey.  Being a mother is also, undoubtedly, without even the blink of an eye...... the most humbling, rewarding thing in my 38 years of life.  7 years ago, that is something I never, ever would have believed to be true for myself.  God is cool.

I am so very thankful, for life, love and God's forgiveness.

The End


                          The world's best big pirate brother!  Man I love this handsome, goofy kid!!         

Thing 2...my adorable, funny, handful of "crazy times ahead"!!

p.s.  Life in pictures, some honest, some not so much, will come after Thanksgiving.

No comments: