Tuesday, December 1, 2009

FINALLY!


This is for you, brother....

A few weeks ago, I was on my way to work and stopped to get coffee. I got my eggnog coffee and was happy as can be. I was nice & got Samuel a kids vanilla steamer (which he calls his coffee). So we got to work and Samuel started drinking his steamer, which comes in a cute little kids cup with a straw. He stopped, looked down at his drink with a frown and puzzled look and said, Mommy? Dis is a mocha! I thought I'd heard right, but I said - What? He said it again, I looked at him and laughed. No it isn't, honey, it's a steamer. He told me it wasn't and looked at me so confused. I decided to taste it myself, YEP! Sure enough, it was indeed a mocha!! Espresso, steamed milk and chocolate all wrapped up in a cute, innocent, little child's cup! I wish I had taken a picture. I called the coffee place and asked why they were trying to get my kid all hopped up on espresso. He didn't get his steamer, but I got a pretty good buzz that day.

Then last week, I was cooking dinner and Samuel walks up to me - holding a laminated, credit card size Walt Disney card that he got from Grandma.

His head slightly tilted to one side: Mommy??

Yes, Samuel

Can I dwive (drive) now?

What? (in case you didn't notice, I always reply with - "what", every time he says something that throws me off!)

Can I drive now? So I can use my gas cawd?

What will you drive?

(without missing a beat he replied) The Tahoe, and I can bwing my gas cawd wif me.

I don't know, you better go ask your dad.

Okay.

Apparently all he needs is a mocha in one hand, and the car keys in the other.... and he will be on his merry way. I was cracking up inside, but didn't laugh in his face as much as I wanted to. Sometimes that is the best kind of laughter, when it's about to spontaneously combust yet you somehow hold it together. I love this little kid!!!!!!!!!!! I vow to get better at the blogging, or give it up!

11 comments:

Coffee STAT! said...

That's awesome, I like your background! (yeah, so what if I give myself props... cause my brother hasn't left me a comment yet!)

Coffee STAT! said...

What great pictures of Samuel! What? Who took them you ask.. oh, that would be...... ME, the super model mom!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I miss that kid, when are you going to bring him out here? and yes, Holly Humble, those are great pictures!

plus, it took me FIVE TIMES to figure out how to post a freaking comment...fix it.

I want a hippopatomus for Christmas!

Coffee STAT! said...

I don't know how to fix what isn't broken - but I will check it out. Weird, I have no problem posting comments or getting on the site. Our mom and Aunt both couldn't access my blog spot directly. My ratings are going to drop like flies. I have no idea what's wrong or where. I will bring him out there after I lose 50 lbs. LOL! Um, yeah, thanks ha ha. The pictures are cute and oh so over exposed.

gretchen said...

Testing, 1, 2, 3

NayNay said...

You did it, thank you for fixing it for me.

Anonymous said...

I have been at the computer for 12 days straight trying to leave a comment. Finally! I lost my job over this, but it was worth it. I forgot what the post was all about. Oh yea...you were trying to "metrosexual" your son, my nephew! Shame on you! A steamer is bad for a little boy. Why you ask...IMAGE! He must first become the bully so other kids do not mock him when he does drink a steamer. Kudos on the earth killing SUV though! That is awesome!

Grandma Petri said...

Love the pictures. Can you move the pumpkin one down so I can print his face!!! ?????

Keep blogging I really like it.

Cute kids*** my kids have!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike fix your blog so I can print the picturs on yours!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Living loudly? Really? Silence for two months. Give me your sign in and I will post for you. DANG!

Coffee STAT! said...

I'm tired of living loudly, that was a stupid title.